Feedback/Queries/Problems with Online Access

BCRA News Forum. The BCRA online newsletter; announcement and discussion of items. The BCRA is a UK registered charity, and a constituent body of the BCA, undertaking charitable activities on its behalf.

Moderators: David Gibson, Gina

David Gibson
DG test

Feedback/Queries/Problems with Online Access

Post by David Gibson » Wed 05 Mar 2014 10:57

If anyone has any feedback to offer, or any queries, or wishes to report any problems regarding Online Access to BCRA Publications, please post your messages here and I will reply a.s.a.p.

We have now implemented "open access" to the online version of Cave & Karst Science. Non-members of BCRA can now register for a free user ID (valid for a month) to allow them to download any of the available online content of C&KS. To take advantage of this scheme, simply click on a download link and you will be asked to log in or to register for free access. Please note that Open Access applies only to C&KS (and in due course, to Speleology). It does not apply to the rest of BCRA's online content, e.g. the Yorkshire Dales book. Implementing Open Access means that there is no longer any purpose to issuing User-IDs to non-member subscribers to C&KS or Speleology, so this practice will cease.
  • I do not Understand My User-ID? Please read Forgot / Do Not Understand Access Credentials or How to Access Online Content
  • I cannot find where to log in? You dont need to! You will be asked to log in only when it is necessary for you to do so. You can view an index to our online content here.
  • How do I purchase an online ID? If you try to download something that requires an ID you will be asked to log in or to purchase an ID - just follow the links. If you want to purchase an ID before you start, you can do that here.
this is my signature

galkas

Re: Feedback/Queries/Problems with Online Access

Post by galkas » Fri 04 Apr 2014 18:48

Hello
is there such free access to "Speleology"? THank you.

David Gibson
DG test

Re: Feedback/Queries/Problems with Online Access

Post by David Gibson » Fri 04 Apr 2014 21:00

At the moment there are no issues of Speleology online. Issue 19 should be online sometime in April, but access will be limited to BCRA members. I may have written somewhere that it is "open access" but I was wrong - it will be BCRA members only. ... and it all depends on finding sufficient volunteer effort to prepare the files.
this is my signature