Vercors 2008 - watch this space

Discussion on any caving topic.
Glenn Jones

Vercors 2008 - watch this space

Post by Glenn Jones » Tue 25 Sep 2007 08:13

2008 European Congress of Speleology: http://www.vercors2008.ffspeleo.fr/

Lans-en-Vercors, August 23rd - 30th 2008

BCA will be actively supporting this event and will be block booking a number of delegate places at the current reduced rate (valid until 31st October). The intention is that UK cavers can register for the event via BCA and pay in GBP's (at the reduced rate) even after the 31st October. We are still working out the fine detail for this, and I will provide updates as I have them. You can register your interest in the event from now, by emailing: membership@british-caving.org.uk with Vercors 2008 in the subject line.

From a personal perspective, I know that the French are really good at organising these events. Anyone who attended the Speleovision caving film events at La Chapelle-en-Vercors in 2000 and 2002 will know just what a great experience they can be. So, if you are thinking of planning a caving holiday in Europe next year, why not plan to include a week in the Vercors - it's a spectacular area with some great caving.

Glenn
BCA Membership Administrator

Glenn Jones

Post by Glenn Jones » Tue 20 Nov 2007 12:02

BCA has now purchased 40 (full) registrations and 10 (accompanied spouse/partner) registrations at the reduced rate so that UK cavers can register in pounds sterling via BCA. The registration fees are £28.00 full and £18.00 for an accompanied spouse/partner.

If you wish to register via BCA, please send an email to membership@british-caving.org.uk with Vercors 2008 in the subject line containing the following information for each person registering:

Forename, Surname, contact email address, class of registration required, total amount you will be paying. You will also need to send payment to BCA's Great Hucklow address, or if you request to pay via credit card, I can send you the details of how to do that.

Registrations will be recorded on a first come basis once payment has been confirmed and I will then send an email confirming your registration.

Please see: http://www.vercors2008.ffspeleo.fr/ for further details of the congress.

Glenn
BCA Membership Administrator

Glenn Jones

Post by Glenn Jones » Fri 23 May 2008 08:26

For info, all BCA delegate places have now been sold,

Cheers,

Glenn

Glenn Jones

Post by Glenn Jones » Thu 10 Jul 2008 12:00

I have just emailed every one who has registered for Vercors 2008 via BCA with instructions on registering at the event, and attaching the provisional programme and an insurance application (the French Federation have negotiated a special deal on insurance for those attending and restricting their activities to the caves and canyons rigged by the various French teams. It costs €4 per person and covers the Congress and any previous camps). You must have insurance to descend the caves rigged as part of the conference and €4 is a really good deal. However, if you are taking out cover via the "BCA's holiday caving" cover, you should take a copy of the policy with you.

If anyone does not receive the above mentioned email (and thinks they should), then please let me know at membership@british-caving.org.uk, although you will not get a reply before Monday 21st July as I will be in the Vercors from tomorrow onwards.

Cheers,

Glenn