2007 insurance

General discussion about BCA related issues. Ask your BCA related questions here.
dl

2007 insurance

Post by dl » Wed 03 Jan 2007 11:16

What's happening?

Haven't heard a thing about 2007 insurance (let alone the missing cards from 2006)

Les Williams

Post by Les Williams » Wed 03 Jan 2007 20:09

Les Williams
BCA P & I Officer & Webmaster
CSCC C&A Officer
WCC Caving Secretary
Hidden Earth Conference Manager
In my spare time I sometimes go caving...

dl

Post by dl » Wed 03 Jan 2007 20:18

Thanks for that.

Do you know when the 2007 forms be available?

Les Williams

Post by Les Williams » Wed 03 Jan 2007 23:55

I thought they were already.

You will find them under "membership in the side menu, or by going directly to this page:

http://british-caving.org.uk/?page=114

Hope this helps

Les
Les Williams
CSCC C&A Officer
WCC Caving Secretary

dl

Post by dl » Thu 04 Jan 2007 13:08

So they are! I'd looked at the insurance documents page which still has 2006 references on it and assumed nothing else had been updated.

cheers

Les Williams

Post by Les Williams » Thu 04 Jan 2007 18:38

dl wrote:So they are! I'd looked at the insurance documents page which still has 2006 references on it and assumed nothing else had been updated.

cheers
I'll get the 2006 refrences changed, thanks for the heads up.

Les
Les Williams
CSCC C&A Officer
WCC Caving Secretary

RodG

Re: 2007 insurance

Post by RodG » Wed 24 Jan 2007 17:17

dl wrote:What's happening?

Haven't heard a thing about 2007 insurance (let alone the missing cards from 2006)
Ah, having established that I pay the same as last year for my DIM package, all I need to know now is who do I send the cheque to, to ensure that my membership card arrives earlier than July (as in 2006), or September (as in 2005), and without the inordinate hassle to get it even at this late juncture.?

RodG

Les Williams

Post by Les Williams » Wed 24 Jan 2007 23:01

That's a good question, I'll try and get an answer for you and also put the info on the BCA website :oops:
Les Williams
CSCC C&A Officer
WCC Caving Secretary

David Cooke
Site Admin

Post by David Cooke » Wed 24 Jan 2007 23:31

Its on the bottom of the application form.
BCA Membership, The Old Methodist Chapel, Great Hucklow, Buxton, Derbyshire, SK17 8RG

Cheques should be made payable to ‘BCA’.
The application form serves as a renewal form as well, although that is not made very clear on the site. Please send a form along with your cheque so we know what it is for. There are a surprising number of combinations!
Dave Cooke
BCA IT Working Party, BCA Web Services, National Cave Registry Co-ordinator, CSCC Webmaster

RodG

Post by RodG » Thu 25 Jan 2007 03:55

Cookie wrote:Its on the bottom of the application form.
BCA Membership, The Old Methodist Chapel, Great Hucklow, Buxton, Derbyshire, SK17 8RG

Cheques should be made payable to ‘BCA’.
The application form serves as a renewal form as well, although that is not made very clear on the site. Please send a form along with your cheque so we know what it is for. There are a surprising number of combinations!
Application form? I'm an established member, what do I need an application form for? As to the address, since I've been sending my cheques to Lynne at The Old Methodist Chapel, for my membership of the BCA and before that of the BCRA, I'd assumed that this was her address.
Please tell me that the problems of the past years have been resolved, because it seems depressingly evident that the BCA is rolling along in the same fashion as in times past. And this time I don't have Paula to provide some common sense support.
All I need is the address of the acting Membership Officer, I think I can manage the rest.
BTW,I looked up the link to membership costs (page114), and surprise, surprise, there was no mention of rates for existing members, just for new members.

RodG

David Cooke
Site Admin

Post by David Cooke » Thu 25 Jan 2007 14:16

RodG wrote:Application form? I'm an established member, what do I need an application form for?
You are correct. However you do need to send a renewal form so we know which category you fit into. There are some 13 different ones. Or if your address has changed etc. etc. A renewal form would look very similar to the application form but with the words "Renewal Form" at the top. So for the time being can you use the applications form as a renewal form. Ta.

In an ideal world you would receive a renewal form with all your details pre-printed in the post. You would send it back with alterations and a cheque. Unfortunately that is some time and an expensive computer system away.
As to the address, since I've been sending my cheques to Lynne at The Old Methodist Chapel, for my membership of the BCA and before that of the BCRA, I'd assumed that this was her address.
You assumed wrong. This is BCA's permanent address and is where all correspondence should be sent.
Please tell me that the problems of the past years have been resolved, because it seems depressingly evident that the BCA is rolling along in the same fashion as in times past. And this time I don't have Paula to provide some common sense support.
As you know the proof of the pudding is in the eating, so it is too early to say. But I do know the person now doing the job is not only very capable, but is also very motivated having been one of the chief critics.
All I need is the address of the acting Membership Officer, I think I can manage the rest.
BTW,I looked up the link to membership costs (page114), and surprise, surprise, there was no mention of rates for existing members, just for new members.

RodG
Good point. I'll see if I can get it fixed.
Dave Cooke
BCA IT Working Party, BCA Web Services, National Cave Registry Co-ordinator, CSCC Webmaster

RodG

Post by RodG » Fri 26 Jan 2007 01:54

Cookie wrote:
As to the address, since I've been sending my cheques to Lynne at The Old Methodist Chapel, for my membership of the BCA and before that of the BCRA, I'd assumed that this was her address.

You assumed wrong. This is BCA's permanent address and is where all correspondence should be sent.
Ah, You learn something new every year. Since I'd been sending off my renewals for my BCRA membership, to Lynne, at this address for years before the BCA was a gleam in someones eye, I'd assumed that this was where she lived, and not some glorified PO Box. Perhaps that may go some way to explaining last years debacle, where my renewal form disappeared, whilst the cheque accompanying it survived to reach the bank. In the circumstances. I would prefer to send my cheque for this years membership, accompanied, of course, with a correctly filled in application form (Sorry, application form amended to look like a RENEWAL form) to the actual address of the new (acting) Membersship Officer.

As you know the proof of the pudding is in the eating, so it is too early to say. But I do know the person now doing the job is not only very capable, but is also very motivated having been one of the chief critics.
Well, I do wish him the best of luck with the job, but would point out that last year, I did receive, from Lynne, a proper renewal reminder, a couple of days after Christmas, in good time to renew my membership. The situation only went pear shaped from then on. As it stands now, it's gone pear shaped already.

RodG

David Cooke
Site Admin

Post by David Cooke » Fri 26 Jan 2007 13:41

RodG wrote:In the circumstances. I would prefer to send my cheque for this years membership, accompanied, of course, with a correctly filled in application form (Sorry, application form amended to look like a RENEWAL form) to the actual address of the new (acting) Membersship Officer.
Please don't. Part of the processing occurs at Great Hucklow and part of it at the Membership Secretary's house. So your subs. would have to do an extra journey, thereby adding to the chances of a cock-up rather than a reduction.
RodG wrote: Well, I do wish him the best of luck with the job, but would point out that last year, I did receive, from Lynne, a proper renewal reminder, a couple of days after Christmas, in good time to renew my membership. The situation only went pear shaped from then on. As it stands now, it's gone pear shaped already.
Noted. :(
Dave Cooke

RodG

Post by RodG » Fri 26 Jan 2007 16:28

RodG wrote:In the circumstances. I would prefer to send my cheque for this years membership, accompanied, of course, with a correctly filled in application form (Sorry, application form amended to look like a RENEWAL form) to the actual address of the new (acting) Membersship Officer.
Cookie wrote: Please don't. Part of the processing occurs at Great Hucklow and part of it at the Membership Secretary's house. So your subs. would have to do an extra journey, thereby adding to the chances of a cock-up rather than a reduction.
(Sigh), Well, since Glenn Jones's address doesn't seem to be forthcoming, I have little choice other than to send it to the Great Clearing House in the Sky. Heaven forfend that I should want to add to the chaos. I shall, however be paying a bit closer attention to matters than in the past two years, and when I see that the cheque has been paid in I shall be asking where the bloody card has got to. My mind refuses to consider that the card will already have arrived.

RodG

Glenn Jones

Post by Glenn Jones » Tue 30 Jan 2007 17:53

RodG wrote:
Cookie wrote: Please don't. Part of the processing occurs at Great Hucklow and part of it at the Membership Secretary's house. So your subs. would have to do an extra journey, thereby adding to the chances of a cock-up rather than a reduction.
(Sigh), Well, since Glenn Jones's address doesn't seem to be forthcoming, I have little choice other than to send it to the Great Clearing House in the Sky. Heaven forfend that I should want to add to the chaos. I shall, however be paying a bit closer attention to matters than in the past two years, and when I see that the cheque has been paid in I shall be asking where the bloody card has got to. My mind refuses to consider that the card will already have arrived.

RodG
Hi Rod,

Please see my posting on renewal letters in the Announcements section.

To contact me via snail mail:

BCA, The Old Methodist Chapel, Great Hucklow, Buxton SK17 8RG

or email: membership@british-caving.org.uk

Cheers,

Glenn