CREG Field Meeting Spring 2022

Online discussion forum for BCRA's Cave Radio & Electronics Group

Moderator: David Gibson

Rob Gill

CREG Field Meeting Spring 2022

Post by Rob Gill » Mon 28 Feb 2022 22:24

We are planning a CREG Field Meeting to be held in the Yorkshire Dales over one weekend in late Spring.

At this stage we are simply wishing to confirm a date. Avoiding weekends associated with public holidays, we have:
23/24 April; 7/8 May; 14/15 May; 21/22 May; 11/12 June.

It would be really helpful if anyone who would like to attend could indicate preferred dates, weighting them if appropriate.

We’ll announce the confirmed date in mid-March, along with some details of proposed activities, locations etc. etc.

Please let me know at creg-editor@bcra.org.uk or via this forum.

Best regards
Rob Gill

Rob Gill

Re: CREG Field Meeting 21/22 May 2022

Post by Rob Gill » Wed 06 Apr 2022 13:49

Thanks to everyone who responded to the previous message. By quite a margin the weekend of 21st/22nd May 2022 is the preferred date, (with 11th/12th June in second place).

The meeting will be held in the Ingleton area and details of previse locations and timing will be announced in a couple of weeks.

We have a number of activities, trials and tests already suggested. These including flash slave range tests, baseband audio earth current comms and photography of fluorescence and phosphorescence. There is space for very much more, even if it is a show-and-tell about something not yet ready for full-scale trials. Please let me know of anything you’d like to see, do or bring so that we can make sure we are going to go to appropriate locations and are making time for it.

Any comments or questions to me please at creg-editor@bcra.org.uk

Best regards
Rob

Rob Gill

Re: CREG Field Meeting Spring 2022

Post by Rob Gill » Thu 05 May 2022 15:27

Plans are coming together for the Spring CREG field meeting, now only a couple of weeks away.

Following feedback, we have decided to focus the field meeting on the Saturday rather than spread activities over a two-day weekend. This should still provide ample time for test, trials and demonstrations.

We will meet at KMC Valley Entrance on Saturday morning at 10:30am, though some may choose to meet at Inglesport café in Ingleton (opens at 09:00) beforehand.

We are still pulling together a running order so, if you have anything to test, trial or show-and-tell, please let me know. Currently on the agenda we have photography of fluorescence and phosphorescence (we are told KMC Valley entrance is a suitable candidate location, fingers crossed), baseband audio earth current experiments and flashgun slave range tests. There will be some cave photography opportunities and some other radio activity (TBC).

KMC Valley Entrance is at SD69897742 - Lat/long: 54.1917, -2.46294 - ///indicated.poses.downward

Assuming network coverage, I can be contacted on the day via 07768 030322.

Looking forward to seeing everyone after a rather long break in our series of meetings!
Regards
Rob Gill