Insurance?

General discussion about BCA related issues. Ask your BCA related questions here.
Graham M

Insurance?

Post by Graham M » Fri 07 Apr 2006 09:51

With Lynne Bailey's resignation, can anybody give some guidance as to how one now deals with updates/changes to a club's list of insured members and how one goes about getting as yet undelivered cards?
Caving is for life, not just for Xmas

Jenny Potts

Post by Jenny Potts » Mon 24 Apr 2006 14:47

Suggest the simplest thing is to wait until Lynne's replacement as BCA Membership/Admin is in post and, if you still don't have the information you want, contact the new person for advice.

I know Lynne is working flat out to try to deal with an enormous workload so you may have received the stuff you require since you posted your message or it may be due very shortly.
Jenny P.

Nick Williams

Re: Insurance?

Post by Nick Williams » Tue 25 Apr 2006 20:39

Graham M wrote:With Lynne Bailey's resignation, can anybody give some guidance as to how one now deals with updates/changes to a club's list of insured members and how one goes about getting as yet undelivered cards?
Graham - sorry for the delay in replying - too busy posting in 'the other place' (inter alia)!

Basically, keep sending information in in the normal way and we will get to it in due course. We have had a good response to the advert for a new administrator and so I don't think it will be long before someone is in post.

If you have any urgent problems, please contact me directly - you know where I am.

Nick.

RodG

Post by RodG » Wed 26 Apr 2006 04:21

Graham M wrote:With Lynne Bailey's resignation, can anybody give some guidance as to how one now deals with updates/changes to a club's list of insured members and how one goes about getting as yet undelivered cards?
I was somewhat surprised to read, above, that Lynne Bailey had resigned. As a Direct Individual Member, I was getting a bit concerned that, although I'd renewed my membership of the BCA in early January, I've still not received my membersship card. I did email Lynne on the matter, some weeks ago, and received a rather tart message in return. Does anyone know when this problem is likely to be resolved?

Rod G

Nick Williams

Post by Nick Williams » Wed 26 Apr 2006 11:10

RodG wrote: Does anyone know when this problem is likely to be resolved?

Rod G
I spoke to Lynne last night. I understand that the remaining DIM cards should be in the post by the end of this week.

Nick.

clive

cave insurance

Post by clive » Thu 22 Jun 2006 22:34

I didnt know Lynne had resigned. I'm sorry about that, but as caving secretary of cave and crag we have still not recieved any BCA insurance cards.
So if no insurance cards are available, why not issue some kind of old fashioned permit for each caving club?
Plus, with new members in our club wanting to join BCA, Who do we contact now?

Clive.

David Cooke
Site Admin

Post by David Cooke » Tue 27 Jun 2006 00:18

Things are moving forward despite Lynn's resignation. I received my own DIM card a couple of weeks ago after a call from the Insurance Manager's (Nick's) secretary.

The contact details have not changed but now go to Nick and/or his secretary. i.e. BCA Membership c/o the Old Methodist Chapel, Great Hucklow, BUXTON, SK17 8RG or email membership[at]british-caving.org.uk if you prefer.
Clive wrote:So if no insurance cards are available, why not issue some kind of old fashioned permit for each caving club?

At the last council meeting Nick said he would do exactly this for any club that asked for it.

Hope that helps a little.
Dave Cooke
BCA IT Working Party, BCA Web Services, National Cave Registry Co-ordinator, CSCC Webmaster

Jenny Potts

Insurance

Post by Jenny Potts » Wed 28 Jun 2006 10:36

I can confirm what Cookie has said. My Club is still waiting for cards but has now received its insurance certificate.

All clubs who have paid are on record so, if you need confirmation of payment or your club needs a certificate to prove to a landowner, etc. that you are insured, email either:
insurance [at] british-caving.org.uk or membership [at] etc.
and you will get a response.

I've also now received my own DIM cards, sent mid-June.

Jenny P.
Jenny P.