BCA Handbook - Updates

General discussion about BCA related issues. Ask your BCA related questions here.
Damian Weare

BCA Handbook - Updates

Post by Damian Weare » Sat 31 Mar 2007 14:56

The new BCA Handbook will be going to print within the next week.

In an attempt to avoid it being out of date before it is published, is anybody aware of any recent changes to contacts, addresses etc that should be included? I have a fair number, but there's bound to be something I haven't heard about.

I'm thinking particularly about changes to Hut Booking information, people's contact details, or changes of positions people hold.

Please PM me with anything you think might be useful.

Many thanks.

Damian Weare

Handbook complete

Post by Damian Weare » Thu 26 Apr 2007 20:35

Just a quick update ... the Handbooks have just returned from the printer, have made their way into envelopes and are awaiting stamps.

If you're a Club, a DIM or a Constituent Body, expect yours shortly.

Additional copies will soon be available from the main caving shops, from BCA Publication Sales or as a download from the BCA website.

Any errors / suggestions for improvement gratefully received.

RodG

Re: Handbook complete

Post by RodG » Thu 24 May 2007 01:14

Damian Weare wrote:Just a quick update ... the Handbooks have just returned from the printer, have made their way into envelopes and are awaiting stamps.

If you're a Club, a DIM or a Constituent Body, expect yours shortly.

Additional copies will soon be available from the main caving shops, from BCA Publication Sales or as a download from the BCA website.

Any errors / suggestions for improvement gratefully received.
As a bit of a change from my usual stance, brickbat in hand. This time a bouquet. I thought that this years Handbook has excelled itself in being well laid out, concise and informative, and well worth keeping to hand. (Pauses, lays down bouquet, picks up brickbat) Which is more than can be said for the Newsletter, for which almost the opposite can be said, on the rare occasions when one actually comes out.

RodG

Damian Weare

Post by Damian Weare » Thu 24 May 2007 20:42

Many thanks for your kind posting, RodG. It's nice to know the Handbook is useful.

As for the Newsletter, the Newsletter Editor has a very difficult job trying to get regular information from busy Officers. Without this information, he has nothing to publish - hence the sometimes delayed nature of the publication. He is certainly very hard-working and produces a professional-looking newsletter. All it needs - in my opinion - is some additional content. This is something that is being worked on ... but every time an Officer changes, it's another person to "work on"!

Once again, many thanks for the feedback. It's much appreciated ... even the negative bits about the Newsletter!

Damian Weare

Handbook now downloadable

Post by Damian Weare » Sun 10 Jun 2007 19:50

The BCA Handbook can now be downloaded here.

There is also a list of updates that have been made to the original printed version if you have a printed copy and would like to bring it fully up-to-date.

Damian Weare

Further Updates

Post by Damian Weare » Fri 26 Oct 2007 13:23

I have just finished the latest updates to the BCA Handbook.

The up-to-date Version 1.4 can be downloaded from here.

Please continue to let me know of errors or amendments for this or the 2008-9 Edition via handbook @ british-caving.org.uk (removing the spaces).

David Gibson

Re: Further Updates

Post by David Gibson » Wed 12 Mar 2008 11:15

Damian Weare wrote:I have just finished the latest updates to the BCA Handbook.

The up-to-date Version 1.4 can be downloaded from here.

Please continue to let me know of errors or amendments for this or the 2008-9 Edition via handbook @ british-caving.org.uk (removing the spaces).
Damian,

For 2008-9 there are rather a large number of rather subtle changes regarding membership and subscription information.

Two quick examples OTTOMH: 1) the definition of "Europe" for overseas mailing has changed, and 2) Nick has asked me to do some small but significant re-phrasing of the description of the insurance cover.

Most - but not all - of these changes are online, on the new membership information pages at http://caves.org.uk/payments/bca However some, like (1) above, and (oh... say) BCRA's requirements for the constitutions of member clubs have not found their way to publication yet. Im intending to do this in the next few weeks. When its done - the "first port of call" for information to do with membership and subscriptions will all be at the above URL.

It is probable, to a degree, that the british-caving.org.uk web site may have information that is not quite as accurate and up-to-date as that which is at http://caves.org.uk/payments/bca The same is potentially true where there is any duplication of information, which is why I have deleted all the membership info from the BCRA web site.

Damian Weare

BCA Handbook 2008-9

Post by Damian Weare » Wed 07 May 2008 21:12

The 2008-9 Handbook is currently with the printer and will be posted out to all DIMs and Clubs hopefully within the next fortnight. It will also be available from BCA Publications and the major caving shops.

In the meantime a Pdf version can be downloaded from here.

As previously, if you can let me know of any errors or omissions, I'd be very grateful.

Damian Weare

2008-9 Handbooks

Post by Damian Weare » Mon 02 Jun 2008 18:18

The 2008-9 Handbooks have now been posted out to all DIMs, Clubs, Associate Bodies and BCA Officers.

If you think you should have received one and haven't by, say Wednesday, then please contact me at handbook [at] british-caving.org.uk.

As with last year paper copies will be available to buy shortly from the main caving shops or from BCA Publication Sales. A downloadable copy is also available free from here.

Any comments or ideas for improvement are gratefully appreciated.

Damian Weare

2009-10 BCA Handbook

Post by Damian Weare » Thu 21 May 2009 21:53

The 2009-10 Handbook is now with the printer.

Paper copies should be with DIMs, Clubs, Associate Members and Honorary Members in about a fortnight. In the meantime an up-to-date downloadable copy is also available from here. A record of any changes that occur during the year will also be kept on that page.

Any comments or ideas for improvement are gratefully appreciated.

Damian Weare
BCA Handbook Editor

Damian Weare

Post by Damian Weare » Tue 02 Jun 2009 22:47

The Handbooks have now been printed and are currently being stuffed into envelopes. The first batch of ~250 will be in the post in the morning. The rest should follow on Thursday.

Please let me know if you think you should have received one, but it has not arrived by early next week.
Damian Weare
BCA Secretary

Damian Weare

2009-10 Handbook Updates

Post by Damian Weare » Wed 01 Jul 2009 20:23

The first set of updates to the paper copy of the 2009-10 Handbook are now on the Handbook page of the BCA website.

It shows several changes to personnel in BCA and BCRA plus a few other minor amendments.

The downloadable copy has also been updated.
Damian Weare
BCA Secretary

Damian Weare

BCA Handbooks 2010-11

Post by Damian Weare » Fri 28 May 2010 17:38

The BCA Handbook 2010-11 has been posted this afternoon to all Uk-based Direct Individual, CIM+, Group and Club members. The foreign ones will go on Tuesday when I get to a Post Office.

The downloadable version will also hopefully be available on Tuesday.
Damian Weare
BCA Secretary

Damian Weare

Handbook - downloadable version

Post by Damian Weare » Wed 02 Jun 2010 10:23

The downloadable version is now available from here.

Please note that the password is bcahandbook to try to avoid the e-mail addresses being collected.
Damian Weare
BCA Secretary