Interruption to Web Services 30 Nov 2007

Discussion about BCA's Internet Hosting Service
David Cooke
Site Admin

Interruption to Web Services 30 Nov 2007

Post by David Cooke » Sun 02 Dec 2007 14:44

Fast Host unilaterally changed many of their customers passwords in the wee hours of Friday morning due to a security scare.

This is Fast Host advice.
Fast Hosts wrote:Customers may find they are unable to log into their control panels, or access their databases. All customers affected will be emailed shortly with further information and instructions. We apologise if you have not received this email yet and thank you for your patience. If you have your control panel access password you should change the database access passwords for any database connections that are failing. You will also need to update your website code with the database password you have set.
Basically if you have access to your control panel you need to change your ftp and database passwords.

Once you have done that you need to update any scripts you have that use those password and ftp them back up to your site. Then all should be working again.

I have yet to receive the official line on email passwords, but I suspect you will need to change those as well in order to maintain access.

If you do not have access to your control panel PM me.
Dave Cooke
BCA IT Working Party, BCA Web Services, National Cave Registry Co-ordinator, CSCC Webmaster