CREG-Announce Mailing List

Online discussion forum for BCRA's Cave Radio & Electronics Group

Moderator: David Gibson

David Gibson

CREG-Announce Mailing List

Post by David Gibson » Mon 07 Mar 2016 12:10

There seems to be a problem with the CREG-announce mailing list, in that it is not sending to all the subscribers. There are plenty of reasons why this can happen - including the fact that the list will block your subscription if it gets too many bounces from your address. However, none of the obvious reasons seem to be the case here. Im guessing that database corruption might be one possibility, so I might have to unsubscribe everyone and then re-subscribe them. I will try to do this without anybody noticing but one side-effect will be that the list passwords will cease to function. I doubt that many of you actually make any use of your list password but - if you do - then you'll know what to do when your existing password no longer works.

Just for clarity - what you are reading now is the CREG Forum and not the CREG-Announce mailing list, which is here. Mailman-style mailing lists are getting rather old-fashioned, these days; and whilst they are fine for those with a slightly technical sort of brain, a lot of people find them unfriendly to use. I have been wondering whether its time to dismantle this list and to rely on either the forum page at http://bcra.org.uk/cregf - which is what you are reading now - or a (new) Facebook page.

The salient point is that the mailing list delivers the messages to you - you dont have to go and look for yourself. However, you can arrange for this on the CREG forum - just scroll to the bottom of this page and click on "Subscribe forum". On Facebook, Im not certain if you can enable notifications for a particular group, reliably. If anyone wants to discuss the future of the CREG Mailman list, you can do by replying to this posting.