What meeting was this?

Discussion about CCC related issues.
Glenn Jones

What meeting was this?

Post by Glenn Jones » Tue 14 Oct 2008 16:24

I've been looking through my old log book for something and came across an entry for Saturday 9th July 1966. We were apparently attending the inaugural meeting of CCC at "SCC's White Lion" in Wrexham. Bill Little was there and (I think) Laurie Galpin. But I see from the CCC site that it (CCC) came in to being in 1969. So what meeting did I attend?

Many thanks,

Glenn

Idris Williams

Re: What meeting was this?

Post by Idris Williams » Wed 12 Oct 2011 20:09

Glenn Jones wrote:I've been looking through my old log book for something and came across an entry for Saturday 9th July 1966. We were apparently attending the inaugural meeting of CCC at "SCC's White Lion" in Wrexham. Bill Little was there and (I think) Laurie Galpin. But I see from the CCC site that it (CCC) came in to being in 1969. So what meeting did I attend?

Many thanks,

Glenn
Hi Glenn,

I also attended that meeting and had a trip in Ogof Dydd Byraf the next day, I was representing Cardiff University Caving & Climbing Club at the time. (we were all young once strange though it seems).

As I re-call it was agreed not to form a Council but this was called Cambrian Caving Conference. I graduated in 1966 and lost interest in committee work for the next 30 years!

Idris Williams