Caving in Lincolnshire? Or Nottingham?

Discussion on any caving topic.
stuntgirlloser

Caving in Lincolnshire? Or Nottingham?

Post by stuntgirlloser » Thu 06 Apr 2006 16:33

Hi all,

I am completely new to caving and potholing and was wandering if anyone knows of any ofthe above in Lincolnshire or Nottinghamshire ( sorry if that is a stupidly ridiculous thing to suggest because they only tend to be in certain places but I don't have a clue yet!) Anyway, could anyone with knowledge please let me know, especially if there are clubs or societies that could also help me get involved.

Thank you

Stella
I am not a monkey whatever people may say

Canda@CSCC

Post by Canda@CSCC » Thu 06 Apr 2006 18:34

Try UKCaving.com forum - there's loads of cavers from all over the place visiting that site regularly.

David Cooke
Site Admin

Post by David Cooke » Thu 06 Apr 2006 22:19

Hi,

Your closest area is Derbyshire and the Peak District.

The Derbyshire Caving Association (http://www.thedca.org.uk) lists these clubs with websites on their links page.
There are other clubs, just not listed. If you email the DCA Secretary (secretary @ theDCA.org.uk) she'll be able to send you a full list. There might even be one that meets in Nottingham.

The Orpheus and TSG have accommodation, which is a consideration if you want to join in with the apres-caving down the local pub.
Dave Cooke
BCA IT Working Party, BCA Web Services, National Cave Registry Co-ordinator, CSCC Webmaster