Cefn Caves St Asaph North wales

Discussion on any caving topic.
andyclimb

Cefn Caves St Asaph North wales

Post by andyclimb » Sun 19 Feb 2006 22:34

Hi all
Just for interest, i have been given access rights to these cave on the Cefn Estate, by Sir Watkin Williams-Wynn. The two areas are Cefn Rocks and Nant-y-Graig, the caves in the latter are small but have potential for digging. They are above the Afon Elwy water table by some distance, these caves were last looked at in 1989 by Tony Oldham. Sir Watkin has requested a report on them, so this year you know were i will be.

I have recently finished a full survey on Pandora mine Gwydyr Forest, if you want one let me know. The survey is of all navicable passages within the mine. Also all the bolting and shoring is complete for a level two trip if you are interested.

If you are in NWales and want to go in let me know i am more than happy to rig and take you round, or just do it yourself. But please do not leave your rubbish, as has been happening in recent weeks, also if ou go out or in through the pontiflex level close the door.

To enter caves on the Cefn Estate you require permssion :twisted:

AnnaJo

Very interested Party

Post by AnnaJo » Wed 24 May 2006 14:04

Hi,

All sounds very exciting! :D

We are but a small party that would enjoy an expedition should you have time to do so.

Tried to PM & Email you but can't, please post a reply if you are able to guide/advise us.

Post by Guest » Thu 15 Jun 2006 18:27

Hi my partner was born in melliden and remembers going on school trip to cefn caves,we set off to find them and after crossing fields and river we came across the owner of the new outdoor centre,who told us he is the only person allowed to the caves and promptly told us we were on private land. i know it would mean a lot to my partner if he could vist the caves again and hope you can arrange it thanks